Saturday, September 3, 2016

Calling All Retro-Future Fans!


If you have stumbled upon this page…through chance or Blogger’s “NEXT BLOG” function…and like what you see…then you can continue to follow it at saralightwaller.com, my own website.

I hope you do…but this blog’s not for everyone.

Just people who like:
  •  SCIENCE
  • SCIENCE FICTION
  • SPIRITUALITY
  • QUANTUM PHYSICS
  • TIME
  • ALIENS
  • TRANSHUMANISM
  •            ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
  • CONSPIRACIES
  • SEMANTICS
  • GENETICS

 …and, of course, the Pulp Visionaries from the early to mid-20C.

Who are these Pulp Visionaries anyway?

I’m talking about science fiction writers like Henry Kuttner, C. L. Moore, Murray Leinster, Fredric Brown, E.E. Doc Smith, L. Sprague De Camp and others who created a legacy of speculative science fiction that inspired generations. Writers who told stories that gave us glimpses into a remarkably accurate future. Many of these writers, and certainly their stories, have been long forgotten. I dredge them up and bring them forward…for your consideration.

As I said before…this blog isn’t for everyone. But if you wonder about repeating cycles of trends in culture and society or, you're curious how something written back in the 1930’s or 40’s can predict science or culture in 2016…then you’ve parked at the right place.

Check out the posts…see what you think, leave comments.

It’s all good.

Most of all…have fun! Because that’s what it’s really all about.

Sincerely,

Sara (Pulp Fiction historian)

P.S. I think I’ve ALMOST read through all of Henry Kuttner’s EXTENSIVE list of works. The ones I haven’t read, I just haven’t been able to get my hands on because some stories were only published ONCE in a pulp magazine back in the day and also because Kuttner and Moore used EIGHTEEN pseudonyms! (And yes! I DO know about the Kuttner / Barnes collaborations as Kelvin Kent and as Arthur K. Barnes.)
  1.  Edward J. Bellin
  2. Paul Edmonds
  3. Noel Gardner
  4. Will Garth
  5. James Hall
  6. Keith Hammond
  7. Hudson Hastings
  8. Peter Horn
  9. Kelvin Kent
  10. Robert O. Kenyon
  11. H. Kuttner
  12. Henry Kuttner, Jr.
  13. C. H. Liddell
  14. Scott Morgan
  15. Lawrence O'Donnell
  16. Lewis Padgett
  17. Woodrow Wilson Smith
  18. Charles Stoddard
P.P.S. And about Kuttner’s horror writing…it’s pretty darned scary so I haven’t read ALL of that yet either. But I will…eventually, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment